Who is this for? If your site is setup to control categories manually via the content management system (CMS) admin area, all the set-up and changes are managed directly in the admin are of the website.
Currently, this set-up is required for Xero users as this product does not have fields to categorise products.
There are a few steps in this, so let's get into it. The first thing to be aware of is that the first initial synchronisation between your accounting software and the Web Ninja platform will push all active products up to the Products menu.
Log into the Web Ninja admin area and click on 'Products' to see the full list of your products.
The next thing to do is to create a category structure. To do this, follow these steps.
1. Navigate to Products/Categories > Categories
2. Click on the New Category button
3. Enter the new category name in the Name field and click Save.
4. If it's to appear underneath another category as a sub-category, select the immediately level above in the Parent Category drop down.
5. The confirmation screen will be displayed
Once your category structure has been created, you can start adding products to the categories. Note that you can start doing this once one category has been created but it's better to create the full category structure first so you can get a full picture of the layout of all of your categories.
1. Log back into to the admin area if you're not still in there
2. Navigate again to Products/Categories > Products
3. To add a product to a category, you can click the Categories button directly on the product line, or search for a product code via the search box.
4. If you've searched for a category, click the Categories tab to go to the correct page. If you've clicked on the Categories button directly you will be taken to the correct tab automatically.
5. On this page you can then assign the product to as many categories as you need by selecting the check box for that category.
6. Once you've made your selections click Save at the bottom of the page.
7. You can now go back to the website and view the categories and products within each.