This guide will take you through setting up MYOB Advanced for the Web Ninja connection. Note that all 8 steps below must be followed to allow for a seamless connection between the Web Ninja system and the MYOB API.
Items in blue must be provided to your Web Ninja contact to create the connection between your website and MYOB Advanced.
Step 1: Login to MYOB Advanced and set-up a new API user. You may need your MYOB partner to help with this.
Go to More Items, User Security and then Users.
- Set-up a user in MYOB with 'Full User API' access.
- Once created, provide the API username and password to your Web Ninja contact.
- Provide the MYOB Advanced URL login to your Web Ninja contact. It will look something like this: https://webninja.
*Note that it's a good idea to set-up a standard user account for Web Ninja so that your contact can easily log into MYOB to help you with your data set-up.
Step 2: Validate and Publish the Web Ninja Customisation
Your Web Ninja contact will send you the latest customisation to publish. We recommend passing this onto your MYOB partner to publish.
- Do not unzip the file; just import the zipped file.
- Once you have imported the file, validate it and then publish it. This is most important.
Step 3: Set WebNinjaApi Endpoint
In MYOB, go to More Items, then Integration, Preferences, Web Service Endpoints and select the WebNinjaApi option.
Choose Endpoint Version 20.200.001
Step 4: Get the API Tenant Name
To get the API tenant name, go to More Items then System Management. Click on Tenants under System Maintenance and locate the Tenant Name.
The Tenant Name is required for the integration so please provide this to your Web Ninja contact.
Step 5: Get the Company ID
To get the Company ID, go to More Items and then Configuration. Click on Companies which is usually located under 'Organisation'.
Click into the Company ID field and copy the ID and then send this ID to your Web Ninja contact.
Step 6: Set the API user to the Administrator role
Ensure the API User account is ticked for full Administrator access.
To do this, go to More Items, User Security, Users (Under User Management). Search for the API User account under then under the 'Roles' tab, make sure 'Administrator' is ticked.
Step 7: Set the API Calls to 1500
The default number of API calls that MYOB will accept is 1500 per day. Make sure that this is in fact set to 1500.
Step 8: Provide the following items to your Web Ninja contact:
- URL to the login page of MYOB Advanced. It will look like this: https://webninja.
- The API User account's Username
- The API User account's Password
- The API Company Name
- The API Branch Name