This guide will help you re-establish the connection between Webninja and your Reckon Accounts Desktop company file as this can become disconnected for a number of different reasons:
- Someone logged into a different Reckon Company file while using the Admin user
- The file path to the company file has changed
- Reckon was upgraded to a newer version
- Other errors on the sync that may not be so obvious
NOTE: if you're using Reckon Hosted - this article won't apply to your integration
STEPS TO FOLLOW
- Turn off or stop the Webninja software
- Open Reckon in single user mode via the Admin login (Make sure to log in as the Admin user).
Please make sure the file-path you're using to connect to the company file is the same as the file-path configured in the CMS on your site:
NOTE: if that file-path is different online vs. how you're connecting to it in Reckon, you'll need to update the file-path and include the company file name in the file-path (above)
- Open properties inside your Reckon and go to "Integrated Applications" and check if Webninja is there:
- If it is, please remove it and exit out of preferences.
- While still in single user mode on the main page in Reckon - then start the Webninja connector software.
- You should be prompted by a pop-up window inside your Reckon (it may take a couple minutes depending on where in the sync-cycle the website is up to - please don't do anything until you've waited at least 5min)
IMPORTANT: scroll to the next screenshot before selecting any options. If you select any options before confirming the correct one (below) then you'll have to repeat this whole process over again from step 1
- Select this option:
Make sure it's using the Admin account
- Then click on Continue...
Once you've done that - the sync should continue as normal after that and you can change back to multi-user mode.
That last setting is important as it allows us to connect to your company file database without requiring Reckon Accounts to be open - otherwise you could have issues with the sync if you selected any of the other options.
WHAT IF IT STILL DOESN'T WORK?
If after you follow all those steps you still need help from Webninja's Support team; note that these are the same steps we'll be following - so it should work for you too and sometimes requires a couple tries as that last step can sometimes be a little finicky - which is why it's best to wait at least 5min. if you don't immediately see the pop-up.